We need a skilled Office and Administrative Assistant for a minimum 1-year term. You will support visitors, staff, contractors and tenants of the Community Futures Building and act as first point of contact for telephone inquiries and walk-ins. You will also support CFC’s business development staff, volunteers, and loan clients plus look after our social media and website.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com by Friday August 6, 2021.
Office and Administrative Assistant (1-year Term*)
Our Office and Administrative Assistant supports visitors, staff, contractors and tenants of the Community Futures Building. They ensure a smooth running office as the first point of contact for telephone inquiries and walk-ins. Critical in their role is the strong working relationships with colleagues and being a valuable resource.
They assist Tenants with day-to-day needs and keep the building safe and clean. The Administrative Assistant also supports CFC’s business development staff and volunteers, and loan clients.
*NOTE: This is a temporary position (minimum 1 year) to cover off maternity leave.
The admin assistant plays a key role in CFC’s general operations by performing reception and general office duties; assisting with the CF Loans program, supporting marketing activities (including website and social media updates); and other building-related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reception and Front Office
- Welcome visitors (in person or by telephone), answer inquiries, provide resources and refer to other agencies as appropriate
- Assist Building Tenants and Boardroom Users as needed
- Receive and distribute correspondence for CFC staff and building tenants
- Ensure common areas (Kitchen, Meeting Rooms) are kept tidy
- Order office supplies and other office organization tasks as needed
Business Development Coordination
- Respond to inquiries and schedule appointments with Business Development Analyst
- Support Business Development Committee meetings: prepare agendas and meeting packages, attend meetings to compile minutes, and records management
- Process electronic and manual loan payments and records-manage electronic and paper files
Administration & Marketing
- Assist with communication to key stakeholders, volunteers and the community
- Research and correspondence for General Manager as needed for Projects
- Identify and assist with marketing strategies and activities, including being the lead as directed
- Update and maintain the CFC website
- Create content and engagement for CFC social media platforms
Standards of Performance and Qualifications
- Previous office and/or administrative experience; ideally within the Not for Profit sector. Education or formal training in Business Administration would be an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Previous experience with databases and/or graphics software would be helpful.
- Stellar communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- High level of financial literacy and competency working with numbers
- Social media savvy – we’re not talking about complicated social media plans, just an ability to update our social media channels and come up with great marketing ideas.
- Resourceful (thinks beyond status-quo) with the ability to problem solve or take initiative to grow and improve CFC services and programs
- Demonstrated strong eye for detail
- Effective time management skills to self-identify critical dates and key priorities
- Works well with diverse populations
- Brand Ambassador: works and makes decisions in the best interest and integrity of Community Futures at all times